Information Collection. When using our Site, you may voluntarily provide information about yourself, for example when you donate to us, apply for Give to Give scholarships, contact us, or interact with us for any reason. This information may include:
- Contact Information, including your full name, postal address, telephone number, email address, social media addresses, and other information you choose to provide;
- Communications, including the contents of messages you send to us;
- Donation Information, as necessary to process your donations to us, including your payment information (such as a credit or debit card number), expiration date, and security code;
- Scholarship Eligibility Information, including details relating to your medical history and financial information, for scholarship assessment; including date of birth, income, medical records, pay slips, tax records, bank statements, personal budgets and monthly expenditures.
In addition, we (and third parties on our site) automatically collect information when you use our Site, such as:
- Site Use Information, including data about features you use, pages you visit, emails you view, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Information, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, and IP address.
Information Use. We may use information for any lawful purpose, including to:
- Perform services you request;
- Operate and manage Give to Give’s services, including building your scholarship application;
- Process donations you make to Give to Give;
- Respond to any comments or questions from you;
- To operate, personalize, and improve the Site, including for analytics purposes;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- Send updates, promotions, and marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- Comply with the law; or
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
Information Sharing. We may disclose your information to the following categories of recipients:
- Affiliate or joint venture partners that we may have in the future;
- Services providers and vendors who provide services to us, such as payment processors, data hosting services, and email service providers;
- Law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- Actual or potential buyers (and their agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of all or part of our assets; or
- Any other person or entity with your consent to the disclosure.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without limitation.
International Visitors. This section applies to those that visit our Site from the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom. Sometimes, we process personal information with your consent. On other occasions, we may process personal information when necessary to fulfill a contract or where required to do this by law. We may also process personal information when it is in our legitimate interests to do this (e.g., for customer service or for safety and security purposes) and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect information from you or may otherwise need the information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. Please be aware that the personal information we collect may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, country, or other jurisdiction, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. You have a right to the following:
- To request access to the personal information we hold about you;
- To request that we rectify or erase your personal information;
- To request that we restrict or block the processing of your personal information;
- Under certain circumstances, to receive personal information about you that we store and transmit to another without hindrance from us, including requesting that we provide your personal information directly to another, i.e., a right to data portability; and
- Where we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing your personal information.
To exercise these rights, contact us. Please be aware that we may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so. Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
Retention. We will process and store your information only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of the storage or as permitted by law. The criteria used to determine the period of storage of information is the respective statutory retention period. After expiration of that period, the corresponding information is routinely deleted, as permitted by law.
Your Choices. To opt out of our email marketing, you can use the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message. If you opt out of our email marketing, we will still send you messages related to our transactions and relationship with you, such as order confirmations.
Updating Your Information. You may review, change, or update your information by contacting us.
Effective Date: February 23, 2023